Mr. Ken Loy
Ken Loy is the founder of Magenta Consulting Services Pte Ltd and a vastly experienced HR consultant
professional in the Asia Pacific region.
With over 25 years of diverse business, systems and human resources consulting experience that spans
start-ups, SMEs, MNCs and government organisations.
He was an early member of ITI (now Kent Ridge Digital Labs, KRDL) and subsequently, a consultant with the
National Computer Board (now Infocomm Development Authority, Singapore). In 1990, he co-founded JK
Technology, which was listed on the SESDAQ (now Catalist), and led the company to become one of Singapore’s
leading IT systems integrators before he left to pursue other ventures.
He has extensive hands-on experience leading HR initiatives including policy design and development,
compensation, performance management, employee engagement, employee communications, recruitment, M&A due
diligence & integration, compliance, HRIS implementations, HR workflow development, long-term incentive
plans, and benefits administration.
His major HR consulting expertise, experience and achievements are highlighted here:
HR Policies – design, review and development of HR Policies to ensure transparency and organisation
- HR Structures – develop and implement HR structures to facilitate business growth including Job Design,
Job Descriptions, Grade Structure, Remuneration Structure, Employment Agreements, etc.
- Employee Engagement – design, implementation and analysis.
Performance Management including Performance Appraisal and 360 Assessment – design, implementation and
recommendations for follow-up actions
- Advisory to local companies on regulatory, governance, compliance and related issues to help maintain
growth momentum by allowing key executives to focus on core business activities.
- Organization Strategies – identify and research into HR issues to recommend initiatives to ensure
alignment of HR initiatives with strategic organizational objectives.
- Development of an innovative equity-based Long Term Incentive Plan (also call Employee Stock Ownership
Plan or ESOP) with major objectives of creating ownership, rewarding good performers and retention of
critical executives or managers.
- Talent Planning and Management including recruitment strategies, rewards, and recognition and retention
programs like ESOP, etc.
- Pioneer and design a non-equity ‘Phantom Shares’ Long Term Incentive Plan for local SMEs with major
objectives of reward and retention of critical executives or managers
- HRIS – Assessment, Appointment and Management of partners including communicating and coordinating
requirements; expediting fulfilment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses
of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Advisory to senior management by providing human resources advice, counsel and decisions; human capital
analytics and reporting frameworks; and analysing information, applications and implications to align
employee performance with business priorities
- Advisory to CEOs on prevailing and industry HR practices especially in Benefits Benchmarking and
Administration by researching, working with appointed vendors and contributing information, analysis and
Ken graduated with a Bachelor of Engineering (EE), Honours from the National University of Singapore and a
Masters of Business Administration from the prestigious Advanced Business Program at the University of
Otago, New Zealand.